Monday, April 3, 2017

Visual Communication: Week 6

Squaring Up/ Drawing outside of class using the grid

For my grid measuring device, I used a glass frame from the dollar store and used washable marker to draw lines onto it. This is a convenient way to make a grid measuring device because you don't have to worry about threads, and the glass is the exact same size as printer paper. That being said, it is glass, so you have to be careful when you bring it around and stuff it in backpacks.

I used my grid device to create the following images. Unfortunately, my arm started to get tired after a while of holding the frame, so the right side of the image is slightly skewed looking compared to the right side.



The original scene I am drawing is my basement stairs:



Tutorial Sketchbook Assignment: Perspective
I drew the bat mobile I carved way back when, while doing the following:

  • Drawing it using linear perspective
  • using red for the eye line
  • light blue for orthogonal/parallel lines
  • dark blue for 'gift' box around form
  • dark pencil for final lines/cleanup
  • showing unseen planes of the object

Because of the angle I drew it at, I had to place the red line quite high. The car has a lot of curves in it, so I tried to imagine how the car was a simple block of wood before I carved it.



Photo of car:

No comments:

Post a Comment